Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Depressing Caller

Please come here and listen well. I am not sure if I walk around looking like I am in the middle of a pity party. Or if I am wearing a please dump all your troubles on me sign pinned to my back. Y'all I am at the point I also hate for my phone to ring.

Now please don't get me wrong Darla loves to lend a shoulder to cry on but doggonit I said borrow. Lawd there are so folk out here that can turn the blue skies, grey and make the sunniest days seem as if you have forever been waiting out the storm. I understand people have problems but you mean to tell me everyday is sadness?

Why do these folk call me? I mean out of all the numbers in all the cities, in all the States so on and so forth. Y'all understand I am just trying to say folk have options. Why do I have to be on the receiving line of phone a friend in need all the time?

Example:

I am at home minding my own business.

House phone-Ring ring ring-----(I don't answer)
 Cell phone- Ring  ring ring------ (I don't answer)
Hub's cell phone------ Ring ring ring (He don't answer)
Kid cell phone---- Ring (Me: Y'all better not answer that phone) ring ring (no answer)

HOUSE PHONE AGAIN---RING RING RING RING

By this time y'all I could care less if limbs are falling off. There ain't no reason in the world that anybody outta disrespect any one's personal phone line in this manner.  (But just in case it is a 911 I think WWJD and answer)

Me: (trying to hold back all the curse words I would like to say) Uhhhh Heellloo?

Caller; Hey girl Ohhhhhhhhh Lord you ain't gone believe this one.

Me: (By this time I have muted the phone and I am punching and kicking the air because I knew I should have never answered this phone. Now how in the world am I gone get off this phone before she get started?)

Caller : Hello you there

Me: (Unmute) Yeah I'm here, Bu-----

Caller- Girl they done came out here and picked up my car. I was just getting ready to pay my car note but now they want all the money and I ain't got it. We around here sitting next to the heater cause they turn the gas off.

Me: What do you mean they want all the money. I thought you were paying it.

Caller: Well I owe 4 months but I was on my way to pay 1 month but now since they came and got it they want all 4 months plus fees
. They just gone come and pick the car up with out even warning me.

Me. (hating I asked and thumping the phone against my head)  I sat there for what seemed like an eternity until the caller completely crossed the line.

Caller: Do you think you can lend me---


Me:  CLICK!


Many might say that was cruel. Naw Baby that's love. I am trying to keep the friendship in good standings. If this person knows good and well the last time they paid anything on their vehicle was when they paid to drive it off the lot and it being the only way to get to point A and point B. What makes me think a loan from me will take any sort of priority on their pay back list...Oh No no no.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Darla, you know I hate when people call and tell the whole story and you know from the beginning that they are going to ask for money. I amd going to use the click. lol

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete